In our continuing efforts with the Korey Stringer Institute and the completion of the Athletic Training Locations and Services (ATLAS) Project, please take a few moments to read on. If you aren’t aware, information about ATLAS can be found at KSI ATLAS Project and NATA websites. In April 2018, the ATLAS Project completed the “Mapping Phase” and reported that 100% of public and private schools throughout the United States (n= 20,272) were mapped. Now they are embarking on the “Annual Survey Phase”. Currently, 56% of the schools with AT services have taken the survey, but only 14% have taken the survey within the last year. This survey is meant to be taken ANNUALLY so they can provide the most accurate data.
Follow these steps to help the NATA and KSI capture the ways Athletic Trainer help athletes:
1. CHECK YOUR STATE MAP IN THE TABLE TO SEE IF YOUR SCHOOL(S) ARE APPROPRIATELY LISTED.
2. COMPLETE THIS SURVEY TO ADD YOUR INFORMATION TO THE DATABASE.
Information needed for ATLAS survey:
-School Contact information (Street address, town, state, zip code)
-Number of students enrolled in school
-Number of athletes involved in organized sports at the school
-Number of sports offered at school (men’s and women’s counted separately)
-Credentials/specialty of physician who signs off on standing orders (if applicable)
-Credential of athletic trainer completing the survey (optional)
-BOC #, state license #, and National Provider Identification (NPI) # if applicable
Goals of the ATLAS Project:
- Create a real-time database of athletic training services in secondary schools
- Create a directory for each state’s athletic training association and high school athletics association
- Assist states in moving toward full-time athletic training services
- Provide useful data to each state’s athletic training association and high school athletic association
- Identify common factors associated with increased athletic training services across the country